Thursday 12 March 2015

Ad Germaniam Unum

After a pretty uneventful drive, I eventually made it to the border of Denmark and Germany.  I had a lingering feeling, though, that Phil would begin in pursuit at some point soon, though I ignored it and carried on; I could throw more Genesis lyrics at him if he tried to attack me again, after all, or even hit him where it hurts by countering him with lyrics from his solo career.

At the border, however, is where everything went bottoms-up for me, for at the border was a horde of Camper puppets augmented by cultists, the likes of which I had never seen nor hoped to encounter.

"The ones back in Sweden must have figured out that it was me they saw," I lamented, hoping that they would not make me again.

Long story short, they did.

The resulting car chase was on a scale that would make The Blues Brothers proud, with my one car pursued by wave upon waves of adversaries. Except my car chase was, I dare say, even more wild and reckless, for we were on the German Autobahn, and so mingled and weaved through crowds of other drivers also going at absurd speeds.

However, I was unafraid to take great risks, even amidst waves of hilariously fast drivers.

With a quick invocation, I summoned a storm of slender-branches and lashed upon my enemies' vehicles, all while retreating to the right-most lane and going at around the speed limit of the American highways which I had travelled previously.

Needless to say, the Autobahn dissolved into chaos, providing me with ample cover to sneak through Hamburg on the way to Bremen.

No comments:

Post a Comment