Tuesday 10 March 2015

In Naviculam Tribus

Eventually the storm passed us by, and I was able to return to a state of unconsciousness.  However, it would not last, as I was awoken by the loud thudding of shipping crates being moved.

"Fuck, there's people in here with me," I said in a mildly loud voice, for the noise of the boxes hitting and scraping against each other drowned out that of my speech.  Without missing a beat, I retrieved the lid of my home-crate and replaced it atop the opening.

Once I was safely concealed from view, I simply waited for whatever commotion was occurring to cease, so that I could safely return to sleep for a while.

"Why didn't I sneak into an airport and onto a plane?" I lamented silently, "That would have been much faster and probably a bit more comfortable."

Eventually I lost track of time entirely, only determining how close to my destination I was by feeling the temperature drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment