Tuesday 10 March 2015

In Naviculam Quattuor

I was forced to leave my crate after what felt like another day or two. Imagine that, the slender man was forced out of his cover. What eldritch terror could have possibly forced me out of my hiding place, one might wonder?

The worst one of all:  My iPod ran out of battery.

Luckily for me, the room was now a bit easier to navigate, since the crates had been rearranged previously, so I had a direct line to the door into the hallway.  I ascended from my tiny domicile and prepared for my sojourn into the bowels of the ship.

On my way to the door, I noticed a power source on the wall near my designated crate, which must have become visible after the shift in the room's layout.

"Brilliant; I can safely charge my iPod in here," I whispered to myself.

The hallway appeared clear of people, so I slunk out into the metal corridor, dashing to the nearest room further down the hall, as it would provide some cover for me.

Arriving at the next door down, I beheld empty bunks suspended from the walls, on one of which was a prominent white cable which appeared to fit an iPod of my particular model.  I crept across the room, so as to not wake anyone who might be napping in the middle of the day, and removed the cord from the wall, now ready to return to my haven on this hostile ship.

As I approached my quarters, I heard footsteps on the staircase at the end of the hall, and, hastening my journey, dove into the cargo room, somersaulted to the base of the haphazard pile of crates, jumped up, did a flip, and landed at the open crate in which I slept.  The footfall grew louder and quieter as the sailors passed by my room.

I plugged in the iPod and took another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment