Monday 9 March 2015

In Desperationem Tacita

Now without a vehicle, I vanished into the dark woods which flank both sides of the highway, continuing on in the same direction as best I could.  As I traipsed through the trees, I ditched my helmet and replaced it with my much-preferred fedora, and also put my iPod on, selecting the penultimate album of a band which I had never heard of: Bathory.  The album was called Nordland 1, which I presumed to be part of a series, though I was slightly disappointed that there was only one more in the saga.

After about an hour of walking, I came upon a small motel, which was sparsely occupied, which I welcomed - less chance of detection, after all.

I had to wait until morning in order to be able to devise a means of transport for the rest of the way.  As I approached a vehicle which appeared large enough for me to fit comfortably in, I was suddenly overcome with a great force as I felt metal swiftly pushing itself against my body.

I was run over by a car.  Reminded me of the time when one of my friends was hit by a guy with a strange name - Billy Everyblogger, I seem to recall.  Nevertheless, I continued on to my desired vehicle, hotwired it, and continued on my journey.

The guy who so uncourteously slammed into me was going in the same direction, and I thought it would be funny to make it appear like I was chasing him. He got really frightened and ended up just pulling over while I sped past him. It was a good laugh, I have to admit.

At dawn I arrived at the port city, where I stashed the car in an alleyway for later use, if I so needed.  After several hours of wandering the streets, stopping in shops, getting a meal and whatnot - just being a tourist, really - I eventually found my way to a dock, where, to my ire, the only ship going to Europe was going to Iceland, so I would have to find another way to Germany once I disembarked from the vessel.

"Oh well, better Iceland than being stuck in America," I mused silently.  I looked for a way to sneak aboard the ship, when I saw an empty crate which looked like it might be packed on the ship, so I, when no one was looking, packed myself into the wooden box and replaced the lid on the top.  After several minutes' wait, I was finally lifted onto the ship and wheeled into a cargo hold.  Before emerging from the box, I had a nap for several hours, which felt quite refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment