Monday 9 March 2015

In Quaero Musicorum

Arriving back in the woods after my adventure to find a new suit, I, to my surprise, came across a normal, not-puppet Camper.

"Slender man," said she, "I haven't much time to explain, but it seems to me that this great chase in which you find yourself is just another machination of the Great Game."

"Why are you telling me this? Wouldn't you also be in pursuit of me, then?" I replied, unnerved.

"I always thought the Great Game was silly and childish," was her response, "so you have no need to fear me.

"Also, I have a suggestion to improve your journey," she then said, in a much calmer, almost sarcastic tone, "get an iPod."

She then turned and walked away, and I, figuring that music would help make the journey less lonely, decided to take her advice and look for a source of music.

After several hours of walking, now deep into the night, I found a dark house which towered above all of the other houses nearby.

"Surely there's an iPod in there somewhere," I murmured to myself, "I'll find a way in."

Perhaps throwing a rock through an upstairs window wasn't the best decision, but I did it anyway.  After realising that it was a poor choice, I attempted a facepalm, a task which proved impossible for my faceless body.

"What was I thinking? Fuck," I thought, cursing my lack of foresight, but then I realised that I could still take advantage of this needlessly dire situation.

"I'll just sneak in through the pet door in the back door."

Contorting myself to beyond-slender proportions, I managed the tight squeeze into the kitchen, and, to my delight, beheld an iPod on a set of speakers.  I took the little device, contorted myself once again, and slipped outside and back into the deep, dark forest.  I made my way to the street, where I saw a pedestrian walking alone, so I stole the Beats by Dre right off his head and darted back into my refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment