Sunday 15 March 2015

Speculum

After sleeping for the night and browsing Facebook for several hours the following morning, I decided to stroll through the woods around me for a while.  Emerging from the green door, I lethargically gazed around the room for any signs of an intruder.  Not finding any, I turned and locked the door, then stepped out into the misty forest.

Picking an arbitrary direction to walk in, I began the lazy journey around my new home.  The atmosphere around me proved to be quite pleasant, and I eventually stopped to lie on the ground and bask in the effervescent, almost surreal naturescape which surrounded me.

After close to an hour, however, I was greeted by a frightening sight, the likes of which I had never expected to see.  The horror which stood before me was Der Großmann, the creature which was referenced in TribeTwelve, which was supposed to be just me.

I started up in a manic shock, for seeing a doppelgaenger of myself which was not a machination of my incantations should have been impossible.

"How are you a thing?" I implored my mirror-image.  He did not reply, presumably because he cannot speak.  I then heard his thoughts within my own mind, telling me to "fuck off, mate, as this is my forest."

I then impaled him with a slender-branch or several, until he moved no longer.

"What a pointless person," I muttered grimly to myself, before returning to my home and browsing the internet for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment