Monday 9 March 2015

In Novum Consilium

When I awoke, I saw that my companion had, in his sleep, fallen off of his branch and onto the ground, where I saw him struggling to stand up.  Sliding down to the forest floor, I looked for any means to help my friend recover from his trauma.

"Don't bother, man," he whispered, as I beheld at least a dozen more Rakes clawing through the ground to retrieve their injured friend.  When the Rake addressed the closest one, though, he referred to him as the Spade, so I supposed that Rake is just that particular one's name.

"We're morlocks," the Rake said, and the Spade nodded in agreement.

"Anyway, bro, don't worry about me.  My friends here will take me to their tunnels and I'll just hide there, for I don't believe that the Fears know about them.

"You should find somewhere else to hide, though, as I can guarantee that our tunnels will be much too small for you."

I protested, recounting how I could fit through a pet door and break into a house that way, but he stood his ground, saying that, if the Fears did find out about the tunnel system, then they would immediately suspect that I would be there, too.

"You need to find a location so obvious that they would never look there," he advised me.

I agreed, bid them farewell, and watched as my friend was taken back to his home.  However, they didn't offer any suggestions as to where I could safely hide, so I grew disillusioned; I didn't know what I was doing anymore.

With no other ideas, I decided to keep moving, for surely someone would have heard the digging of dozens of morlocks.  Sure enough, once I was far enough away from the scene to be able to observe it without myself being observed, I saw three people - two men and a woman, presumably the family whose iPod I stole and the man whose Beats by Dre I had taken - rushing to the source of the loud scraping sounds.

Eventually I wound up back at the CVS from a few nights ago, where I figured that I could freeload on someone's WiFi in an attempt to find a place to hide.  After a while, though, I got bored and watch the first several videos of TribeTwelve, and stumbled upon the legend of Der Großmann, who lived in the Black Forest in Germany.

I had hit the jackpot with that, I must admit, because if it's in a popular slender-series on YouTube, then no Fear would ever actually look there, since it's just so predictable of me to go there.  I set out immediately, figuring I could end up at the sea and simply hide myself on a ship bound for Europe.

1 comment: